Who we are
Our website address is: https://markellisinternational.com
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Mark Ellis (‘I’ or ‘me’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the person who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data I may collect about you
I shall obtain personal data about you (such as your name and email address) whenever you complete an online form. For example, I shall obtain your personal data when you sign up to join my email list or buy my services.
How I use your personal data
I shall use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help me identify you and any accounts you hold with me;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to my services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving my services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, I may contact you by email, text, phone, or messaging apps about my services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from me, you can opt out at any time. See ‘Your rights’, below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
I may disclose your personal data to:
- credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’, below; and
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
I shall use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example I restrict access to your data and payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when I use this technology).
While I shall use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
To enable me to make credit decisions about you and members of your household and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, I may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). I may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and I suspect fraud, I shall record this.
- You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data that I may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to.
- You have the right to require me to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide me with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask me to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable);
- provide me with enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name); and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
My contact details
I welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact me, please send an email to email@example.com
MARK ELLIS INTERNATIONAL
Regus Office 123